thank you so much for the sweet comments about pezza and her video – i always read them to her and she gets so proud of herself! she told me yesterday she does good videos because she’s “a professional you know” 😛 today she has been playing with her littlest pet shop and zoobles toys for over an hour! she NEVER sits and plays toys. she always has to be doing what i am doing so i am hoping this new pattern will continue! of course she has still been talking non-stop. i think if she stopped talking she might spontaneously combust……
i don’t have a post for ya today but when i am finished here i am hoping to head down to the studio for some scrapbooking. i did want to pop in and remind everyone of the Publication Calls for the next issue of Through the Craft Room Door. we have had such amazing support for the magazine and we love all of the submissions we get in. you do not need to be a subscriber to submit! we are looking for all sorts of things – not just cards and not just papercrafts!
here are our current calls:
General Submission Guidelines:
1. while we will take cards remember – our focus is much broader and we are looking for samples that include other papercrafting/scrapbooking/general crafting projects too!
2. be prepared to do a tutorial – either written or video – if requested (this is optional).
3. your project cannot have appeared previously anywhere on the internet or in print.
4. your project cannot appear online or in print for 2 months after our publication if it is chosen.
5. submissions must be sent in through the form below in order to be considered – just click on the link.
There will be a drawing for ONE winner each issue from all of the folks who have a submission appearing in that issue. This includes projects, tips, organization ideas, craft room pics, etc.
In addition we have the regular features we would like to receive submissions for as well:
1. Tips & Tricks
3. Storage/Organization Tips
4. Craft Room pics
Current 2011 Calls
July/Aug — DUE June 10th, 2011
we are looking for ANYTHING crafty in the following themes. We are also looking for Cricut/die cutting machine items in the following themes
- Summer Fun
- Mad about ribbon
- Sketch Challenge – can be a card, tag, scrapbook layout, gift bag or anything else you can dream up as long as it is obvious how the sketch was used!
Sept/Oct— DUE Aug 10th, 2011
- Get Well
- Mad about Nature
so let’s see those projects folks – i know you are all talented!