First up – biz-ness – i have some backorders and all outs to tell you about:
- Skittle Ladybug & Bee beads – early October
- Skittle Caterpillar 7 Butterfly Scallop stamps – late September
- Rock Candy Distress Stickles & Crackle Paint - 9/7
- Tim Holtz Ideology new releases – no date yet
- Studio G series 37 – Christmas – COMPLETELY OUT – Hampton Art does not have any more to order at all so i will NOT get any more of these in
- Studio G orders – I am still waiting on some items for the last few SG orders – i am really trying to be able to consolidate shipping but i KNOW y’all are tired of waiting so i might be sending them out in separate shipments. I truly aappreciate your patience as the Studio G orders can be incredibly difficult to get straight and get them outta here!
NOW for the FUN stuff!
i am so excited to be the feature stamper over at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Melissa has this fun sketch up for this week and as always – there is a prize up for grabs from Lindsay at Sassy Studio Designs!!
I had SO many ideas for this I may just have to make another one if I get time this week!
Here is mine:
This was SUCH a fun little card to do! the patterned paper is one of my MOST favorite ones from SU. I decided this was a perfect sketch to break out a just rite stamper set from my friend terri at Stampsalive – she always has great prices if you are looking for anything just rite, cuttlebug, cricut or spellbinders! so on the top circle i used a border and a center sentiment piece. then on the bottom circle i just used the border piece to frame my birds a bit. i thought the side pieces would be great for little cricut border cuts – i edge my cuts with an ink blending foam tool – makes it quick and easy.
the larger bird is grungepaper – cuts nicely in the Cricut with the deep cut blade! i embossed the grungepaper, painted it with a paint dabber, sanded lightly, rubbed on distress ink – ink only sticks where the paints is rubbed off by the sanding. i gave them a little flower soft *dirt* to stand in and finished off with a machine stitched edging (thanks to DH for fixing my machine for me – he’s awesome!) and a row of glittered skittles where melissa had brad – looking things on her sketch – i gotta say the skittles really MADE the card. wish i had taken before and after pics!
i SO need to use my cricut more like i used to!! much cheaper addiction than stamping!
Stamps: Just Rite (not sure the name – can’t find it…)
Ink: Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
Paper: SU – Bella Bleu DSP, Kraft, Whisper White, Ballet Blue